Effective Date: July 20, 2018
Last Updated: July 20, 2018
Terms and Conditions
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal data, to provide better services to all our Users.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information You Give to Us
The types of information we generally may obtain can include:
- Personal information you choose to provide to us, such as your name, email address or resume, or information collected from third party sources as described below.
- Publically available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
- We may collect certain demographic information, such as zip or postal code, age, gender, race or ethnicity, if you choose to provide such information.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Technical information about your use of our sites or apps, as described below.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Our Services
We collect device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number. When you use our Sites, we automatically collect and store information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Site; Internet protocol address; and cookies that uniquely identify your browser. We may also collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. We may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our services, and this may include using cookies (a small, removable data file that is stored by the web browser on your computer that identifies your computer and browser when you visit any of our Sites) or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising or analytics services.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your personal information for the following purposes, or may use it for these purposes in the future:
- To respond to questions that you may have.
- To provide products or services you request.
- If you submit a resume to work at Collective Insights, we may use it for hiring decisions and retain the resume or information in it for our own records or in order to contact you later.
- To inform you of updates regarding Collective Insights or services or products that may be of interest to you.
- To provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- To manage your participation in events and other promotions where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites including mobile applications and social media assets.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- To improve our customer service.
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Sites.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
We use the information we collect from our Sites to provide, maintain, and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect Collective Insights and our customers.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may use your personal information to see which web pages you visit at our Sites, which website you visited before coming to our Site, and where you go after you leave our Site. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Site and how to improve it. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Collective Insights does not routinely create or store personal accounts or create related information for those using the Site. We therefore do not routinely provide access to personal information.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of personal information that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
If you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Collective Insights unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Collective Insights when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Collective Insights if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Collective Insights, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about our products and services.
How Collective Insights Protects Personal Information
Collective Insights maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User’s personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. In addition, we also implement appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on the Sites. If Collective Insights collects account information for payment or credit, Collective Insights will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages or tools operated by parties other than Collective Insights. We do not control such websites or tools and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites or service providers. Our inclusion of links to an outside website or tool does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or tools or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from a Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. Collective Insights strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather personally identifiable information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do Not Track
Collective Insights does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. However, we do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section.
Where Information Is Maintained
Please be aware that your Personal Information and Activity Data may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. By using the Sites, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Attn: Chief Compliance Office
3565 Piedmont Rd NE Building 1
Atlanta, GA 30305